In this series, I'll be giving you recipes for using up those leftovers. Like I say, leftovers don't have to taste leftovery!
Tonight, I made Southwestern Egg Rolls using leftover chicken and black beans from the other night.
Frugal Momma's Southwestern Egg Rolls
- 1 C leftover chicken
- 2 tablespoons minced green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced onion (you should have some leftover from making the black beans!)
- 1/3 cup corn kernels (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 cup leftover black beans
- 2 tablespoons diced jalapeno peppers (you should have some leftover from making the black beans!)
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup shredded Cheddar, Monterey Jack, Mexican, or whatever cheese you have on hand
- 5 Egg Roll Wrappers--these are usually in the refrigerated section near the packaged salads
- Oil for frying or baking